Thursday, October 25, 2007

YOTS

First off,
I've started a charity drive for "Youth Off the Streets" Its kind of important to me because its so close to home, and I know what its like to sleep on the streets. Its pretty much a Sydney based charity that focuses on making shelters for the homeless kids of Sydney. Theres so many of them, and most of them end up getting mixed into drugs and prostitution. visit www.youthoffthestreets.com.au Its a really worthwile charity. So what I'm doing, is asking people to donate old clothes/toys/books etc, and they will go either directly to the kids, or be sold at Op shops, and all the money raised will go to Youth Off The Streets.
Its really bothering me though, because people keep questioning me about why I'm doing it, like I'm Incapable to do anything to help people. I may not be a model citizen, but I'm actually a pretty sensative person. The other day these 2 girls come up to me and go:

"so hows this buddhism shit going *fake tone*"
"pretty good thanks"
"So, I assume your'e not drinking *look at each other and laugh*"
"No actually, I havn't drunk for a whole month"
"*giggle* thats good, cos a buddist cant drink, its like fully against the religion *rolls eyes*"
"ok"
"Oh, and why are you doing this homeless kids crap? Like you of all people"
"Because I care about it"
"*patronising tone* Oh, keep doing that, it will be good for you... *look dow n on me and walks off*

It hurts, but what can I do? And why should I waste my time getting cut over stuff like that. There's a difference between being fucked up a bit, and being a heartless bitch. I may be the first,to an extent, but I'm definately not the latter

Well, everybody... I'm sending my love
xox
Pip

No comments: